Sustainability in Action
The Cambridge Community Development Department (CDD) is the planning agency for the City of Cambridge, striving to foster a more livable, sustainable, and equitable community.
CDD’s Environmental and Transportation Planning division has created a sustainability dashboard to track the progress of climate, transportation, and energy initiatives. Working with other departments and community organizations, CDD’s Environmental and Transportation Planning division draws on strategic planning, data analysis, and innovative technology to transform Cambridge into a city that:
- Minimizes total Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions from all measurable sources
- Runs on renewable and non-fossil fuel energy sources
- Consists of energy efficient buildings
- Depends primarily on walking, bicycling and transit for mobility
- Has a transportation system that is suitable and safe for people of all ages and abilities
- Reduces urban heat
- Anticipates and prepares for the impacts of climate change
- Is an Innovator
- Has the capacity to accomplish its goals
This sustainability dashboard reflects the City’s progress on specific climate, energy, and transportation goals and invites the community to help us achieve them.
- InsideClimate News
- MIT News
- Renewable Energy World